How much are the Membership Dues?
- Family - $15
- Teachers - $15
Family membership includes an online School Directory. We must have your valid email on file. Membership includes one registration in the State and National PTA.
Why should I join the PTSA?
To support your child’s school and your community.
Additional PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. Know what’s happening at RCMS.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. Meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, discuss issues that are on your mind, and share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. Put your skills and hobbies to use for your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. Effectively suggest change at your child’s school. Advocate for your school at the county, state, and national levels through PTSA sponsored advocacy events.
- Witness Improvement. Be part of the solution, help make positive changes, and play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. Show how important education is to your child.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Take advantage of PTSA membership discounts and offers from benefit providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
- Give Back Through Service Projects.The PTSA in conjunction with the administration and various school organizations sponsor community service events that exemplify the commitment of Roberto Clemente himself.
- Earn SSL hours.For our student members, SSL hours can be earned when participating in PTSA sponsored events.
- Bring Clubs and After School Activities to the school. PTSA sponsored clubs are run by MCPS approved private vendors.
- Show appreciation to our teachers. PTSA volunteers organize many staff appreciation events to thank our hardworking teachers.
- Advocate for your school. PTSA members are able to advocate for our school to get needed resources from MCPS. Be it additional staffing or improvement to facilities.