Mark Your Calendar: January 23 is MOVIE NIGHT!!
The PTSA is showing the rock band documentary, "Best Day Of My Life: The Rock In Schools Story". You won't want to miss it! Tickets are free! Bring a couple bucks
to buy snacks! The show starts at 7 PM and will feature some of the rock stars
from the original cast! Students should be accompanied by an adult.
As announced at the January RCMS PTSA meeting, the RCMS PTSA has been awarded a 2018 PTA Connected with Facebook Digital Families Community Event Grant. The $1000 grant will be used to host a community-wide event dedicated to helping family members understand each other's online experiences, ensure safe online interactions, and set reasonable guidelines for device use and online habits. More information is available at the link below.
The tentative date for this event is March 14, 2019. All families are encouraged to become involved at every stage of this event, from promotion to attendance. On January 15, the National PTA will release a wide array of materials to grantees, which will aid us in planning an amazing night of sharing and learning. In the meantime, I would like you consider how you will contribute. The PTSA will be establishing a planning committee in the next week or so, and we will need individuals who are interested in any of the following areas:
- sending invitations (online) and keeping track of RSVPs [can be done from home]
- publicity, including the surrounding neighborhoods
- Spanish speakers who can help reach out to Spanish speaking families, reach out to potential speakers, help prepare materials, supervise bilingual presentations/breakout sessions, etc.
- reserving spaces/rooms in RCMS and any needed equipment [can be done from home]
- refreshments for the evening
- securing and preparing printed materials for distribution
- recruiting volunteers, including parents, students, staff, and faculty [can be done from home]
- supervising breakout sessions
- supervising student volunteers and keeping track of SSL hours
- creating site guides for the event for distribution to attendees [can be worked on from home]
- set up and clean up
- providing assistance to speakers and presenters at the event
- answering email inquiries about the event [can be done from home]
- designing topics and content for breakout sessions, as needed
These are just some of the areas that will need attention. There are many more. For example, the event will take place during our Spring Book Fair, so we will also need parent volunteers for evening shifts at the Fair.
Please stay tuned for more specific details later this week. An online sign up form will be made available too.
We are very proud that the RCMS PTSA has been chosen to organize this very important event. We look forward to collaborating with you to make it a valuable and worthwhile endeavor.
Extended to 18 January, 2019! RCMS PTSA Shoe Drive for Funds2Orgs
Read more details and sign up to pledge to collect gently used and new shoes here:
Collect your gently used or new shoes and bring them to school. Boxes are located outside the Main Office. Or arrange a pickup from you home, if you wish. Email the PTSA at email@example.com.
Registration open for RCMS PTSA after-school clubs!
Winter Session 2019
Chess, Chess Tournament Training, Beginner/Advanced Debate, Programming
Spaces fill quickly. Click on the Clubs link above for details.